FirstGuard Technologies Training | SL3D Course 2
Class Date: September 15-16, 2015; 8:30am-5:30pm (Breakfast and afternoon refreshments will be served)
Cost: $1500 (2-day module)
Prerequisites: Familiarity with Simulink 3D Animation; or Introduction to Simulink 3D Animation class
Objective: Rapid Scene Generation of a High-Resolution Synthetic Rural Environment
Description: Using a single Spatial Data Transfer Standard (SDTS) DEM file and a single overhead aerial or satellite image, students will generate and open a 3D rural scene in MATLAB and Simulink using SL3D. The scene will be of an actual location on Earth and will be as realistic as possible from the data provided.
What You Will Learn:
- How to build and display Sky Domes
- How to build VRML template files.
- How to decimate image data.
- How to generate SL3D animations.
- How to import terrain data into a VRML file from MATLAB.
- How to interpolate terrain data.
- How to maximize the SL3D Viewer using MATLAB code.
- How to navigate through the scene.
- How to obtain COTS terrain data.
- How to open and use two different VRML editors.
- How to open the SL3D Viewer (in both MATLAB and Simulink).
- How to position cameras (aka – viewpoints) in the scene.
- How to set viewpoints directly from the SL3D Viewer.
- How to use VRML’s Elevation Grid node.
- How to use VRML’s Image Texture node.
Sign up here: https://sl3dterrain.eventbrite.com
Questions? Please contact us at: email@example.com